We’ll I have so far spent a day with the Sirona CEREC AC unit and the MCXL milling unit. The system has been on the market for a few months already, the MCXL milling unit has been around for a few years now.
What I like about the AC(bluecam) unit:
- The camera is super fast acquiring images especially if your used to the old system. When in focus it takes a picture. Crazy cool!
- Picture seems clearer on the screen especially with less powder
- It is blazing fast building the on-screen model
- It’s fast building the crown in Database
- Overall less powder is needed
- From powder to finishing the design is noticeably faster
- After 1 day the accuracy and fit appears better
- I’ll add more to the list as I discover them, and feel free to add yours in the comments below.
What I like about the MCXL milling unit.
- 10 minutes for an eMax crown to mill
- Crowns seem to be much smoother out of the machine
- Fit appears impressive
- I like how the light changes to green when the milling is done(I know not a major deal but I think it’s cool)
So far I haven’t found anything I don’t like other than the cost to upgrade, it’s amazing technology and very advanced, but the price is a jaw dropper even for the long time user.